Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop advanced applications and intelligent systems
- Conduct peer review before committing to code repository
- Develop features for the work product
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Monitoring and maintenance (hot fixes) of production systems.
- Manage stating/test environment and support software testing and quality assurance
- Improve application performance and other non-functional requirements such as reliability.
- Deliver technical discussion on the implemented functionalities
- Comply to coding standards that has been set by the organization
- Adapt the SCRUM process in our software development life cycle
- Participate in the Sprint planning to assess and clarify the requirements to the product owner
- Update the team on the status of tasks and raise potential blockers (if any) in the daily standup meeting
- Present the completed features in the Sprint review to stakeholders
- Review and evaluate the team’s accomplishment in the Retrospective meeting
- Participate in team development activities (team building, training etc…)
- Contribute for the success of the team's objectives
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Directly reports to the Technical Leader
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or any related courses
Experience: At least 5-7 years’ experience in Software Development
- At least 5+ years of solid working experience as a software developer in Java/C#/C++ with excellent track record.
- Working experience in Linux administration (any distribution) and software installation configuration.
- Working experience in NoSQL and relational databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
- Working experience in any of the following virtualization technologies such as VMware, Virtualbox, KVM/Xen.
- Experience in SCRUM development process
- Experience with development collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Git)
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Has exposure or has knowledge in high performance computing and low latency development
- Has exposure in test driven development using Jenkins and other continuous integration technologies
- Has strong software development foundation implementing design patterns, OOP and coding best practices.
- Has experience in an analyzing, profiling, determining bottlenecks for improving reliability and performance.
- Working experience in Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Apache Spark is an advantage
- Experience in integrating 3rd party libraries, frameworks, messaging and services is an advantage
- Working experience in Linux bash scripting and python is an advantage
- Experience in configuration manager such as Chef/Puppet and container technologies such Docker is an advantage.
- Experience in web development with Ruby on Rails or Java webapp development (e.g. Springs) is an advantage
- Exposure in mobile anti-virus/anti-malware technology is an advantage
- Reverse Engineering skills is an advantage but not necessary
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Would like to work as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled agile framework
- Resourceful and with a Good Learning Attitude
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player and communicator who enjoys creative freedom and independence
- Proficient in oral and written English communication
- Excellent human relations and customer service skills
- Fast learner, short learning curve
- Can work with minimum supervision
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.