Sr. Service Desk Administrator
The Sr. Service Desk Administrator is responsible for the delivery, performance, support and tracking of IT assets within the EU. This includes but is not limited to day-to-day troubleshooting, adds/moves/changes for phone, network and computer equipment, IT Asset Management, and participation in the Incident Management Process. This role will also be responsible for delivery of assigned tasks and management of activities for larger projects within Net Ops.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer/server systems, hardware and peripheral devices.
- Provides support to end-users on computer systems (Macintosh and MS-Windows), Off-The-Shelf and proprietary application software, computer systems and Smartphones.
- Troubleshoots BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) iPad and Android based tablets, iPhone and Android based phones, Blackberry devices and other peripherals in the enterprise.
- Provide remote hands support of j2 Production Systems in EU colocation’s and Data Centers. Coordinate contractor visits to Data Centers for equipment installation.
- Gathers requirements and proposes solutions for end-user computing activities and projects.
- Gathers quotations and fulfills requests and while maintaining IT assets in the ITAM tracking application.
- Administers computing resources including active directory, print servers, email and debugs through remote access.
- Monitors licensing usage and compliance of end user computing software.
- Works with carriers to troubleshoot and diagnose telecom problems, opening tickets and escalating as required.
- Participate in Net Ops projects delivering assigned tasks and managing assigned project activities.
- Maintains documentation including Visio diagrams and contact information for vendors.
- Maintain and allocate IT and facility equipment as required to support expansion and new hires. Responsible for monitoring service ticket tracking application for notification of new issues being reported.
- Responsible for timely provisioning of phones and end-user computing equipment. Will need to work with business leaders throughout the EU to develop equipment forecasts and ensure timely provisioning of equipment.
- Serves as primary contact for troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of technical issues and communicate regularly with Los Angeles staff to drive resolution.
- Supports implemented solutions, including monitoring and routine maintenance.
- Participates in on-call availability and escalation that provides 24x7x365 emergency support.
- Oversees shipping, receiving and other office administration functions.
- Serves as liaison with building management on moves, service issues and related items.
- Travel within the EU will be required and to the US may be required.
Key Requirements and Experience:
- 5+ years of computer systems support experience, mostly working directly with end-users.
- Expert technical knowledge of PC operating systems including Window 7/8/10 and Mac.
- 5+ years of experience in application support for Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, and Anti-Virus applications.
- 4+ years of IT Help Desk experience along with a demonstrated track record of troubleshooting experience.
- 4+ years of Remote PC management and software distribution in an enterprise environment is required.
- Support or administration of a VoIP-based PBX system is a plus.
- Experience with an internal Service Desk ticket tracking application is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Candidate must have supported in excess of 200 users.
- Candidate will be required to perform a variety of complicated tasks with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be able to lift and transport moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.