Digital Marketing and Automation Manager
Digital Marketing and Automation Manager
As part of our Marketing team, this position will implement and execute digital programs to drive consumer, SMB customers and partner acquisition and retention.
This position is integral to continuously improving the Marketo instance to better perform in generating leads, supporting customer retention, and improving reporting for both SMB/ channel partner and consumer lines of business. This role is responsible for the execution and performance of email and customer programs. We are looking for an individual that combines both creative and analytical skills with a background in marketing automation platforms, Salesforce, and partner portal platforms. This position works closely with our marketing team to develop, test, deploy, and report necessary tactics to improve and optimize email campaigns and communications, including user engagement and conversion.
You should have strong project management skills, a great eye for creative and a passion for marketing. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker with strong technical skills who can successfully execute and optimize marketing programs.
- Assist in driving qualified leads through email channel
- Perform setup, coding and QA; complete review cycles; and schedule deployments in Marketo
- Work closely with Business Information team to ensure quality and measurability of CRM database
- Administration of Marketo including: optimization of lead flow between CRM and Marketo, leads analysis, naming conventions/nomenclature, accuracy of reporting, campaign setup and other operational functions that support digital demand gen efforts
- Manage database, email deliverability and email best practices
- Work collaboratively with marketing team and content managers to determine messaging and content to improve message effectiveness
- Work with designers to produce creative and engaging, high performing email layouts
- Work with content contributors and designers to design, implement and analyze tests to improve email performance and customer engagement
- Execute testing regimen (subject lines, layout, format, creative, frequency, segmentation, etc.) to continuously improve email and program results
- Report on email performance, lead flow conversions and make recommendations for future improvements based results, customer input and your own creative ideas
- Introduce and implement changes to align with Marketo product updates and new features
- Actively apply knowledge of best practices and previous campaign performance to optimize those campaigns to achieve traffic and revenue metrics including CTR, open rates, engagement, conversion and lead volume
- Help manage Marketing Automation Tech Stack including Marketo, Salesforce, Partner portal (Impartner platform) and others
• Proficient in Marketing Automation with at least 3 years’ experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Marketo, Eloqua or Pardot specifically with emails, nurture campaigns, forms, landing pages, templates, campaigns, and reporting
• Marketo certification desired
• 1-2 years’ experience with Salesforce.com
• Experience with partner portal platforms a plus, but not required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years of hands-on email marketing experience (B2B and B2C experience preferred)
• Strong technical background in marketing automation
• Experience managing projects across functional areas and departments/work groups
• Strong understanding of customer lifecycle/nurturing marketing, segmentation and testing strategies
• Advanced analytical skills with passion for data and metrics with ability to interpret data and provide recommendations for optimizing marketing campaigns
• Hands on experience in campaign creation using an enterprise level marketing automation software, ideally Marketo
• Basic HTML/CSS email coding skills
• Database Management (SQL a plus)
• Ability to articulate and champion email best practices
• Interest and experience in A/B testing and optimization
• Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to plan, execute, and juggle multiple projects
• Exceptional work ethic, ability to perform under pressure, proactively seek help and/or find solutions as issues arise, meet deadlines, and prioritize and deliver multiple tasks on time
• Self-motivated and willing to contribute to a strong team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams, while also being able to work autonomously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise documents
• Great teammate with a positive can-do attitude
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.