Account Manager - Ziff Davis
The Account Manager is responsible for maximizing advertising sales revenue for the Ziff Davis portfolio of sites from Tech category clients. With a core focus on Mashable, PCMag, Speedtest & NetShelter technology sites, the role includes a focus on sales strategies, pricing, sponsorship packages, client pitches & ensuring delivery is of the highest possible standard.
- Develop solid relationships with Media agencies & direct clients
- Prepare sales strategies to identify target agencies & clients to implement business development to secure Ziff Davis revenue
- Work with Ziff Davis Australia to develop new non-traditional product & relationship initiatives that generate revenue outside of standard media executions
- Negotiate direct advertising deals
- Develop in conjunction with the various departments of Ziff Davis Australia new sales opportunities across other commercial partnerships
- Prepare, implement & review Ziff Davis quarterly and annual sales strategies in conjunction with Sales Managers, Editorial & wider sales team
- Manage existing and develop new sales proposal collateral
- Develop in conjunction with the Commercial Director & wider sales team pricing reviews quarterly
- Work with Ziff Davis International on key tent pole events & overseas campaigns to leverage locally
- Have a clearly defined client and agency action plan to deliver increased revenue and brands not carried to the business
- When applicable work on relevant research reports and their ability to generate revenue
Job Requirements & Experience
- Preferable tertiary qualification in business or similar
- Proven Sales and Account management performance – minimum 2-3 years preferably in the tech media industry
- Established history working in digital media sales
- Strong agency and client relationships in the Australian media market
- Experience in budgeting & revenue forecasts
- Proven track record in setting and achieving business & personal goals
- Experience in sales, research, analytics & ad serving systems such as:
- Google Analytics
- Sales Force
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.