Customer Service Specialist l
The successful candidate will play a key role in the growth of j2 Global. This role is uniquely positioned to create success rather than maintain the status quo. The Customer Service Specialist reports to the Customer Service Manager and is a key member of both the support team.
This position will be responsible for dealing with the customers and potential customers of j2 Global.
The agent is directly communicating with the fast growing amount of end-users per phone and e-mail and help them setup, solve any problems they may have and make a sale if they have a need for the service. Enthusiasm and Energetic are critical attributes for the position. Prior experience in a call center or similar position is essential.
- Responsible for answering customers’ technical calls efficiently, accurately and in a professional manner using excellent customer service skills.
- Responsible for contacting customers re customer service issues specifically with a view to retaining customers or checking for potential fraud
- Assume responsibility for learning, in detail, about company products and using this knowledge to solve customers’ technical problems and seeing these through to completion.
- Maintain client work schedule and service level requirements.
- Identifies and records all customer calls and provides troubleshooting aids to assist colleagues in solving problems for the future.
- Provides comprehensive quality feedback and suggestions on training needs, other improvements and quality shortcomings to their team supervisor.
- Report accurately on calls inbound and outbound, record calls and call details on company systems
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in Technical Support / Inbound Call Center (previous .com experience preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Superior technical and problem solving skills
- PC proficiency; Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience resolving basic user related technical problems with directions given over the telephone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team is a must
- Macintosh experience a plus (but not required)
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.