Social Media Manager
Do you wake up every day with fun content ideas? Do you live, breathe and sleep on social media? Do you get excited about figuring out new ways to interact with audiences on social platforms? And even better, are you the life of the party? Do you like chatting with others about video games, Marvel universe, Star Wars and Game of Thrones, all within the same five-minute period? If so, we may have the perfect job for you.
IGN Entertainment is seeking a Social Media Manager that is ready for an opportunity to elevate their career to the next level.
What exactly would you be doing?
- Create and monitor social media content to grow followers, engagement and enhance brand awareness across various social media platforms.
- Use social media analytics and insights to help make content decisions and determine strategy.
- Be the expert and key resource when talking about new features for each social media platform and keep the social content team updated.
- Compile and distribute weekly and monthly reports.
- Compile and manage the social editorial calendar.
- Work with key internal and external teams to determine how key priorities can be best supported on social platforms.
- Oversee creative ideation and development to deliver innovative, best-in-class social content for our audience.
- Manage the day-to-day of the social content team, ensuring all members are focused on creating content that directly supports the department KPI’s.
- Develop and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Be knowledgeable on best practices, technologies, and trends.
- This role will have multiple direct reports and you will need to be an effective communicator and delegator.
- This position will report to the Director of Social Content & Strategy.
What we need from you…
- Cover letter that includes a summary of your vision for the role and the content you want to produce.
What will get you in the door?
- 2-5 years experience in social media
- Ability to multi-task and juggle various projects
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Ability to handle pressure and maintain a high level of organization
- Likeable, fun personality with a sense of humor. You can laugh with others as well as at yourself
- You like to make things fun and are open minded to new ideas
- You know how to use Photoshop and can edit video using Premiere or After Effects
- Existing knowledge of IGN Entertainment’s properties and gamers
- You’re not afraid to speak up and be part of the conversation. You have questions for everyone from the newest intern to the CEO
- No jerks allowed
It would be extra awesome if…
- You have previous social media experience outside of the gaming space. We’re always looking for new perspectives
- Comfortable speaking on camera. We sometimes need fresh faces to represent our audience on video
- You’re already a part of the IGN community
- You traveled through time with an automaton sidekick tracking down intergalactic space criminals. It might not help you get the job, but that would be extra awesome, wouldn’t it?
Here’s the good stuff about us…
- You’ll make an impact. We reach 70MM unique users. We’re big time, but we’re not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately. Learn about us at http://go.ign.com/jKOmeS.
- We’ve got a big presence, but a small team. Making your way in the world today takes everything you got. You wanna be where everyone knows your name. At IGN you’re not going to get lost among countless aisles of drones.
- We have fun. It’s all about games and games are fun. Anyone can offer casual work environment, flexible hours, and benefits. We can offer that and a place where gamers as passionate as you want to share some beers (if you’re of age, of course) and plot your demise in the arcade/game room.
- We’re passionate about what we do. IGN employees understand our users, because they are our users. We have a personal interest in providing the best possible product.
- We get that there is no spoon. We encourage and support each other in creating new ideas by paying attention to the world out there, using our imagination, experimenting, and learning from success and failure.
- We value irreverence. We want you to be yourself, speak your mind, lead shenanigans, and know that nothing here is above question.
Come geek out with us, but be prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.