Senior Director, Financial Systems
We are looking for a highly qualified and highly motivated Senior Director of Financial Systems. The Senior Director of Financial System role will initially be responsible for the strategic and tactical planning, execution management of application development and support of j2’s move from Netsuite to Oracle Cloud Fusion for the Media Division, as well as the planning, development and execution of the Company’s HCM (new in 2018) and Budgeting and Planning SW conversion from Prophix to Oracle Fusion. In addition, the successful candidate will also help lead the j2 team in the successful implementation and integration of the global Oracle Fusion rollout, which will include Phase 1 deliverables such as Financial Reporting, Consolidation, Expense Reporting, Purchasing, and Service Contract modules. The full suite of Oracle Financial applications, including HCM and other integrated systems are to be deployed in the future. The team will constantly face new challenges and expanded requirements as our business evolves and scales globally. The Senior Director of Financial Systems will lead the planning, design, configuration and deployment of financial systems in support of core organizational functions and processes. Work with vendors, and with peers to develop and coordinate strategy, architecture, roadmap, budget, and execution of corporate initiatives.
- Provides oversight for systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, and support of technical solutions within the Oracle Fusion/ERP system and other supporting business applications.
- Provide strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, guidance, interpersonal skills, teamwork and professional ethic.
- Enable solutions delivery on Oracle Fusion ERP platform for j2 Global, provide the business counterparts with the necessary thought-leadership on the Oracle system and process optimizations across multiple divisions - Cloud Services and Digital Media.
- Enable and develop automated solutions for the Digital Media’s revenue recognition and billing process leveraging Oracle Platform as a Service.
- Responsible for conceptualizing, enabling and implementing management reporting platform including Executive Dashboard.
- Streamline and strengthen SOX compliance requirements and documentation
- Implemented the support system and processes to provide a world class global ERP support infrastructure for the company’s financial and related systems
- Coordinate the implementation of system enhancements, upgrades, updates, patches, and fixes to assure optimal system performance, data integrity, and reliability
- Serves as the key technical/functional interface between IT and all business functions dependent on financial systems to determine current and future technology needs
- Serve as “hands-on” escalation point to identify and suggest approaches to resolve project issues
- Provides expertise around the realization of business requests and technical design specifications
- Responsible for developing, distributing, supporting, enforcing, and integrating best practices and technology standards across the organization
- Lead vendor management activities, including vendor selection, contract negotiation and ongoing vendor relationships
- Support acquisitions integration, global expansion and modules roll-out internationally as the needs arise.
Job Requirements & Experience:
- BA or BS Degree, preferably in Information Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle Financial Modules, Oracle HCM, and Hyperion Planning with at least 15 plus years of paid Oracle Financials and HR Applications experience.
- 15-20 years of increasingly responsible experience in managing successful projects and implementing technical solutions to business process problems.
- Proven ability to work as a Corporate Financial Systems Leader and Manager including experience directing multiple complex initiatives, projects from formation through deployment and creative problem solving ability to address challenging business and accounting requirements.
- 10+ years of proven expertise in software technical design, planning, project management, implementation and support for a variety of Financial Systems Solutions (ERP, Financial SEC reporting, SOX Compliance, and Support Infrastructure), preferably in the digital media and internet industry.
- 10+ years in leadership, supervisory or management position is required.
- 10+ years in developing corporate policy and procedure.
- 10+ years in supporting users spread across multiple locations.
- Proven expertise in managing Corporate Financial Systems projects, budgets and vendors.
- Executive presence, ability to interact with senior leaders and adapt style as needed for technical or non-technical audiences.
- Must be knowledgeable in underlying Oracle Applications database architecture with regard to Financials module schemas/products, standard (API’s) application program interfaces, data elements, tables, and views as basis for troubleshooting, data conversion and reporting support.
- Excellent problem solving, root cause analysis skills. Able to readily diagnose system deficiencies and independently design and implement effective solutions to complex technical problems.
- Accounting/Finance background preferred. Knowledge of general accounting and corporate financial reporting is required
- International expansion, Shared Service Center and local reporting requirements experience preferred.
- Preferred MS degree, CPA certification, ERP/Oracle certifications a ++
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.