Managing Editor, Video - PCMag
PCMag is seeking a producer to join a growing team of creative digital video storytellers to cover technology and science news in our world headquarters in New York City. The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience writing, reporting, and producing online videos and a strong interest in science and tech, especially emerging innovations and consumer products. A typical day for you starts by reading the latest tech and science news and discussions on social media. You’ll write scripts. You may find yourself converting articles to scripts. Whenever there's a video about a new gadget or invention in your news feed, you stop and watch. Then you assign an original video project to someone on your team or create it yourself. We are looking for someone that can manage a team of video producers and create media that can be consumed across multiple platforms.
- Shoot, edit, and distribute video content ranging from 60-second video reviews optimized for social media to 30-minute interview segments optimized for YouTube
- Manage a team of three video producers, delegate tasks, optimize workflow
- Collaborate with team members, editorial leads, writers, and illustrators on your stories
- Stay engaged on social media networks and video distribution platforms
- Proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Remain steadfastly organized and detail-oriented fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Lead the team to meet or exceed monthly KPI goals
- Track and report the performance of video content across multiple platforms.
- A passion for technology, gaming, science, and future tech
- Five years experience reporting about technology for a website or other digital media
- Demonstrated ability in field and studio production
- A handle on the basics of creating high-quality video, and the skills to make footage look good even if you’re using a phone to shoot
- A strong interest in mobile storytelling tools, including (but not limited to) Instagram, Facebook Live, Snapchat, and the vertical "stories" format
- A strong sense of visual storytelling
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication, or a related field.
Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare, and Shopping. Its brands - PCMag, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, Everyday Health, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify - produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.