Accounts Payable Specialist - Ziff Davis
It's an exciting time to join Ziff Davis, LLC! We are looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance team. This person will manage invoices, liaise with various departments regarding payments, and interact with vendors.
- Inputting invoices into the general ledger accounting system, including posting to proper business unit, department and account codes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establishing good relationships across departments and business units to obtain proper approvals for invoices.
- Ensuring that all approved invoices are prioritized and paid in accordance with cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Understanding vendors used by the Company, related agreements and payment terms to support accrued expense
- Allocating certain bills to different business units, departments and subsidiaries.
- Ensuring only approved vendors are established in the general ledger accounting system.
- Processing Electronic Funds Transfer requests, Check requests, and wire transfer requests. (not sure if the new people will process payments)
- Matching invoices to payment requests, obtaining all signatures and approvals for payments and distributing accordingly.
- Reconciling vendor statements; researching and correcting discrepancies; responding to vendor inquiries.
- Maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with Company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Developing/maintaining payable aging reports and files on vendor account balances; reconciling monthly.
- Employee expense report auditing against the Company’s established policies.
- Performing monthly and quarterly expense variance analysis.
- Interfacing with management in various departments, including engineering, sales, operations, technology and legal
- A.S. or B.S. in Accounting
- 2-4 years of experience in accounts payable or general accounting functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Pride in accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications; primarily Excel.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Familiarity with handling intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Experience with international transactions and foreign exchange a plus
- Great follow up skills, ability to take initiative and think out of the box
- Team Player
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exposure and experience in Sarbanes Oxley a plus
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.