Social Media Editor - Everyday Health
Ziff Davis seeks a full-time social media guru with a passion for health/wellness to join us as a social media editor to execute our social strategy and engage with our audience across social platforms. Successful candidates will be highly self-motivated and have a proven track record of growing social audiences for content-based brands. The position will be based in our New York City office, located in West Village/Soho. We offer a full range of employee benefits.
- Identify specific growth and engagement goals for each social platform, including Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Research, develop, and execute social testing strategies to grow social reach, engagement, and referral traffic
- Write, schedule, and publish must-click, must-share, must-comment daily social content across accounts, with a strong focus on boosting engagement and increasing traffic (on editorial and branded posts)
- Continually test and experiment with the optimal posting schedule (day/time); content types (video, text, photo, etc.); frequency of posts; and the right mix of posts engineered to drive engagement vs. drive traffic
- Constantly monitor analytics to understand how posts on various platforms perform and adjust social lineup as needed
- Apply social media listening tools to monitor discussions about our brand and gain valuable insight into what matters most to our audience to drive engagement
- Compile weekly social reports for the staff, highlighting top-performing posts to inform editorial/production teams of successful content, trends, and tactics
- Pitch story ideas to editors and produce content for social media
- Ideate and create original assets for Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Build relationships with influencers and organizations in the health/wellness community for new social franchises
- Track competitive landscape to identify trends and opportunities within the health/wellness space
- Maintain best-in-class knowledge of latest social media best practices and tech changes (i.e. algorithm changes, platform enhancements, new software/products)
- At least 3-5 years of social media experience with a health/wellness brand.
- Experience and familiarity with various social scheduling and analytics tools (Social Flow, Adobe Suite, Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Exceptional writing and grammar skills, ability to write to a brand’s specific voice, and sound editorial judgment
- Ability to work independently and problem solve without a lot of hand holding
- Experience creating social-first visually driven content (social videos, GIFs, images)
- Basic design/photo editing experience a plus
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.