Senior Product Designer - Mashable
Ziff Davis is dedicated to building great experiences and being the ultimate purchase companion for users. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Tech & Commerce division, which includes brands like PCMag.com, Mashable.com, Offers.com, AskMen.com, Geek.com, ExtremeTech and TechBargains.com. This role will participate in initiatives across the entire product life-cycle including analyzing qualitative and quantitative feedback, proposing new features, creating user flows, and designing UI/UX mockups.
This Senior Product Designer position is an opportunity to make a profound impact and shape the product of a rapidly growing division. This role reports to the Director of Design. As part of the Product and Design team, you will connect the technical, design, business worlds as you build services that our customers love.
- Design inventive, intuitive, and fun product experiences for millions of people.
- Work with our broader team to determine user problems and goals and then deliver original solutions.
- Use data to learn, refine, and iterate on your designs.
- Present and explain design decisions to the rest of the company.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers, high level stakeholders, designers and writers to conceptualize, prototype, test, iterate, and build end-to-end experiences.
- Ensure engineering is provided with detailed and usable design specs
- Create and deliver UX/UI solutions by gathering and understanding business & user requirements, creating user flows, high & low fidelity prototypes and the creation of new concepts.
- Give and receive feedback with other designers, and continually raise your own bar for quality.
- Organize and refine our product design resources and processes.
- Familiarity with the implementation and limitations of HTML and CSS.
- Experience using various types of prototyping software including inVision and Zeplin.
- Experience working on a global brand. This includes the creation of style guides and brand books, awards, licensing materials, large scale print materials and conference assets.
- 3+ years experience designing responsive web and mobile experiences.
- Experience shipping and iterating on consumer products and/or websites.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Experience with prototyping, bringing ideas to life to test and communicate design.
- Experience with modern design and collaboration tools: Sketch/Illustrator/Invision/Keynote/InDesign/Photoshop/Google docs
- A self-motivated attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback.
- A portfolio with relevant work.
- Experience with Agile design practices a plus.
- Background in Editorial design is a plus.
Who We Are
Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare and Shopping. Its brands - Mashable, PCMag, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, Everyday Health, WhatToExpect, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify - produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries
Our Culture We work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work. We offer competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.