Director of Video, Entertainment - IGN
The Director of Video, Entertainment will be based in Los Angeles and report to the VP of Programming.
- Lead, manage and supervise programming and production for IGN’s LA-based Entertainment team (Movies, TV, Streaming, Comics)
- Forward-thinking Video executive who can establish systems and processes for working with cross-functional departments in producing compelling content including but not limited to daily/weekly series, social first video, live events, and red carpet launches.
- Collaborate with internal departments and work with senior management to forecast business operations and growth opportunities.
- Ensure creative expectations are met across all phases of production (prep, production and post). Mentor team and grow talent within the organization.
- Ensure the most efficient, effective and economically viable methods are used across all phases of Video production. Supervise and manage production staff, facilitate accountability, develop talent and manage department responsibilities
- Establish and maintain freelance pool and third party production partners for large scale production and as needed.
- Collaborate and ideate with Branded Content & Development team to originate production plans, manage production, and video with Integrated Marketing efforts,
- Collaborate with internal departments (ad-sales, social, syndication, etc.) to ensure healthy communication and follow-through
- Work with research and analytics team to understand video trends. Build goals and objectives for production team and provide a forum for internal video development on production concepts, strategies and process
- Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to schedule, budgets, update meetings, etc. Report any schedule and budget challenges and provide solutions.
- Work closely with leaders within the organization to manage each project efficiently from pre-production though the show/project launch.
- Stay abreast of new developing digital production technologies, work flows and new cameras.
- Lead development of video series, both big and small, within the Entertainment department (i.e. as big as a full-fledged weekly Streaming show, as well as repeatable content like ‘Explained videos’ or ‘Rewinds.’
- Must be experience working with high profile talent opportunities (ex. AAA junkets, on-set trips, in-studio visits, etc)
- 8+ years of production executive/management experience with an emphasis on unscripted, daily/weekly programming.
- A strong understanding of the television and feature production processes
- In depth understanding of production (prep, shooting and post)
- Able to work with research & data team to analyze video trends and ensure growth on O&O
- Experience working on set in a leadership role
- Budgeting and Scheduling
- Experience managing a team, establishing process and budget oversight
- A leader who is organized and assertive
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Takes responsibility & ownership for tasks and works independently to achieve goals
- Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.