Product Support Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reporting, reproducing, and confirming product defects as reported by our customers or found during testing. Requires a deep knowledge of VIPRE as well as the technologies being used within VIPRE and the environments VIPRE is used within.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management and other internal departments to resolve critical product issues, develop solutions to minimize cycle time for problem resolution, and make improvements for future releases.
- Provide product training and act as a mentor to Tier 1 support technicians.
- Create documentation and knowledge base articles to assist our Tier 1 technicians, our overall customer base, and our partner channel ensuring as much knowledge as possible exists to set VIPRE up for success.
- Resolve critical product escalations without collaborating with other internal departments; share knowledge of issues and corresponding resolutions or workarounds with partner teams (including, but not limited to, the creation of new knowledge base articles/solutions and procedures).
- Review documentation (user manuals, technical manuals, knowledgebase articles, etc) for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Provide technical and customer focused feedback to Engineering about an upcoming product release, during the CTP / BETA phase of the project lifecycle. Inform all levels of VIPRE Technical Support of all product enhancements and/or changes as new VIPRE products are released.
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among internal and external customers. This includes meeting Customer Satisfaction KPI’s and assisting with Tier 1 in doing the same. You are the champion of VIPRE for our customers.
The above are the Product Specialist’s primary duties and responsibilities which are not limited to these specific tasks and are subject to change.
Qualifications / Skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills – be an active listener
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment while being able to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail – vitally important when troubleshooting complex situations while documenting all efforts for future needs
- Must be a team player. You are the champion of VIPRE for our customers.
This role requires you to consult with:
- All levels of Management
- All levels of Technical Support Personnel
- Project Leaders / Product Managers
It is therefore important that you have the following attributes:
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills: ability to communicate technical information to a less technical audience via telephone, e-mail and audio/visual presentations.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to convey message in a clear and concise manner, set expectations and follow through on issues to keep customers regularly updated, as well as quickly build a rapport with customers.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Product Support or related field is required.
- MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, Network+, Security+, CCNA, or related certification is desirable as this role extends beyond the VIPRE product lines.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Microsoft XP – Windows 10 including Server Editions)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Active Directory
- LAN/WAN Networking
- TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP
- Antivirus / Endpoint Security
- SaaS & Cloud Technologies
- Must possess the ability to logically troubleshoot to determine the root cause and present suggested solutions to remedy the situation. When a solution is not present must be able to recognize the impasse and escalate as needed.
Standards of Performance
- Timely delivery of assigned projects to the high quality standards expected.
- Continuous improvement; openness to constructive criticism and constant desire to improve one’s own performance.
- Reliability and accountability; takes ownership of assigned tasks and completes them with little supervision.
- Customer service excellence; maintains high levels of customer satisfaction and follows thought on commitments to customers.
VIPRE Security is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled employer.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.