Associate Homepage Editor
The primary goal of the Homepage Editor is to increase visibility of the cool stuff we make by deciding where and when big stories are promoted on IGN. This includes maintaining IGN’s content calendar, scheduling content for promotion, assembling IGN’s editorial newsletter, and working with headline, art, and traffic analysis tools to improve engagement. Side quests may include developing new tools to help us organize our content (there’s a lot of it), running experiments and tests with traffic analysis tools, sharing successful experiments with the entire team, and creating videos and writing articles.
Show us this stuff in your resume and cover letter.
● 99th percentile organizational skills. You should be the most organized of your friends. We want to see your insane personal and professional calendar systems!
● Headline writing chops. We like to collaborate on headline writing, and we want to hear what you think.
● A passion for nerdy television, movies, comics, and/or games.
● Experience managing projects: Whether this is a student film, people’s calendars, or a website, you should be able to juggle lots of different elements with a single goal in mind.
It would be nice if you had…
● Photoshop chops
● Experience coordinating a production process
Here’s a big list of things we need your help with. Thanks!
● Slot content in the “promo blocks” on IGN’s home page based on traffic data and content needs.
● Work closely with the editorial and art teams to manipulate headlines and art to increase clickthrough to videos and articles.
● Manage IGN’s content calendar using Trello and other tools.
● Actively analyze analytics trends to anticipate what types of content and topics that traffic well for IGN, and how to position them.
● Seek out new tools and organizational systems to upgrade IGN’s content process.
● Manage the newsfeed on IGN, removing underperforming content and elevating high performing content to different promotional areas on IGN and its social channels, relaying the data back to core content leads.
● Daily coordination of off-hours support. Inform the LA, AU, and UK offices, as well as the weekend slotter, of the basic promotional strategy for times when slotting isn’t managed from the San Francisco office.
● Oversee A/B tests and other experiments to improve engagement.
IGN’s editorial team is made up of all kinds of people that share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and background to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.