Senior Corporate IT Support Engineer
Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare and Shopping. Its brands – PCMag, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, Everyday Health, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify – produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.
IGN Entertainment is a leading Internet media and services provider focused on the video game & entertainment enthusiast markets. We are the web's number one video game information destination and serve one of the largest audiences of video gamers in the world.
IGN is seeking an Senior Corporate IT Support Engineer to join our team. You will support reliable, efficient, and secure operations of our sites and systems, ensuring they are available to customers internal and external.
The core responsibility of this role will be to maintain our corporate information technology infrastructure to support our business across all office locations in the LA region. This includes, but is not limited to:
● Monitor the regional helpdesk ticket queue, then resolve or escalate all tickets raised in a timely manner.
● Ensure all infrastructure components are in good working order; both physical hardware condition and software patching should be maintained.
● Order and Deploy new user hardware as required, both Windows and Mac.
● Provides site support and assistance to centralised IT teams as required.
● Maintain technical site documentation.
Excellent customer service and people skills, including the following abilities:
● Communicate technical information to non-technical people.
● Comfortably communicate in a professional manner with employees at all levels of the company.
● Provide clear, concise updates and manage expectations.
Technical competence and passion:
● Solid ability to understand and resolve technical problems.
● Be invested in continual learning and development opportunities to ensure your knowledge remains current.
The successful candidate will possess strong and demonstrable technical skill in a majority or all of the following:
● Windows Desktop 7/8/10, Sever 2008/2012 including AD management.
● Mac OS X desktop and laptop support.
● Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Access Switch management
● Basic VoIP telephony, any previous PBX experience considered.
The successful candidate will 4+ years of relative experience in IT: Desktop Support or Network Engineering.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Formal certification covering some or all of the previously documented domain knowledge. It is not expect for a candidate to have all of the following, these should act as a guide for the level of certifications being sought:
● Microsoft: Certified IT Professional, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
● CompTIA: The triple of Network+, A+ and Security+
● Cisco: CCNA
● HDI: Desktop Support Technician,Technical Support Professional
● IGN is a team of people that live and breath geek culture: video games, movies, comics and more.
● Our work environment is open and casual
● We also have great benefits.
Come geek with us, but prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
**We are an Equal Opportunity Employer**
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.