Director of Global Tax Accounting and Reporting
The Director of Global Tax Accounting and Reporting is primarily responsible for the income tax accounting and financial reporting disclosures. The Director’s responsibilities at J2 are a critical component of a sophisticated tax department and financial statement preparation process. The Director will work closely with the global tax team as well as the finance and accounting departments. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Tax.
A key focus area for this position will be to develop and implement improvements to the global tax provision process and tax accounting for acquisitions. The Director will be exposed to all areas of tax and be called on to provide guidance on provision implications of the following: tax planning, changes in tax law, acquisitions, tax audits, transfer pricing, and compliance. The Director is a highly visible role with exposure to all areas of J2’s business.
- Manage the U.S. and international components of the worldwide quarterly tax provision process.
- Design, develop and lead the implementation of initiatives to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Tax Department’s key processes and controls that impact global tax accounting.
- Calculation and maintenance of deferred tax schedules, FIN 48 analysis, footnote disclosures, and return to provision reconciliations for a worldwide group.
- Work closely with planning, accounting, and other business groups to ensure that all changes affecting reporting are accurately reflected.
- Manage deliverables and correspondence with external financial auditors.
- Present tax accounting positions to external financial auditors.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all tax accounting controls and documentation requirements for SOX.
- Review tax rate forecasts.
- Review acquisition and transactional documentation for appropriate tax accounting.
- 10+ years of experience with a strong emphasis on tax accounting issues for large publicly-traded company and/or Big 4 firm or combination thereof
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBT
- Strong understanding of ASC 740 and experience with uncertain tax positions
- Experience with international statutory and tax accounting issues
- Experience working with the consolidation of tax accounting for a multinational company
- Exposure to multinational companies with issues in R&D, internet services and intellectual property areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to interface across all departments
- Experience managing multiple projects and experience managing direct and indirect reports
- Knowledge and experience with tax provision issues relating to stock based compensation (ASC 718) and business combinations (ASC 805)
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.