We are looking to add a multi-talented Marketing Manager to our team to support our growing business. The ideal candidate will have the vision to craft the right marketing strategies, while collaborating with internal clients, and the experience to execute programs to drive the desired results -- growth of sales and market share!
The ZDB2B Divisional Marketing Manager works with the ZDB2B marketing team to support a variety of marketing activities and brand management. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and is responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives with our primary focus to support sales and revenue growth including our continued thought leadership and industry presence.This role will support all marketing operations for the division which includes the emedia, ZDB2B, and Salesify brands, among others.
The primary focus of this position will be to take a leadership role in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics focused on helping our sales teams better penetrate both direct and agency accounts, acquire new business, grow and retain existing business and win back clients.
This includes establishing, setting and measuring performance goals in line with the business objectives and strategy. Additional duties as directed to include brand strategy and messaging, competitive landscape analysis and reporting, development of sales collateral and engagement vehicles, implementation and management of email campaigns, targeted programs, awareness building, sales tools development, ROI tracking, digital marketing, website management, tradeshow/event support, and budget management and reporting.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and excel in coordinating multi-variable projects with competing demands. Strong candidates will have hands-on experience with all aspects of campaign management and demand generation tactics including forecasting goals, establishing timelines, setting expectations and tracking performance. As the position will work very closely with multiple levels of leadership, sales, key business stakeholders and digital marketing agencies, this position requires an energetic, collaborative, and innovative individual with strong critical thinking skills who is not flustered by lofty goals and nuanced projects with multiple internal decision makers.
We need someone who:
-values a partnership with sales
-has demonstrable proof of their ability to overachieve goals
-is a proven innovator
-is fearless yet humble
- Responsible for developing the marketing plan, tactics and deliverables including ROI tracking to budget
- Serve as overall project manager and liaison for demand generation and content creation activities for the division including but not limited to:
- Product Communications
- Brand messaging and narrative to support our collaborative brands
- Demand generation (email, webinars, blogs,, etc)
- Sales collateral and tools
- Competitor landscape, trend spotting and research
- Thought leadership and awareness
- Performance reporting, analytics, measurement, campaign analytics
- Responsible for establishing analytics, metrics and dashboards, and distributing this information via regular reporting to all key stakeholders on a monthly or as needed basis.
- Work cross-departmentally to gather assets, create business requirements, establish marketing goals and objectives, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the sales teams to ensure effective communication of all marketing campaigns
- Manage all elements of trade-show and event logistics, including booth space rental, ordering services, shipping logistics, graphic displays, lead retrieval, reporting, etc.
- Create high-impact internal and customer-facing materials that clearly communicate the value and unique advantage of our services.
- Communicate and evangelize business and technical advantages in live training events, speaking opportunities, social media, trade shows and customer meetings.
- 3-5 years of Information Technology/ SaaS or Cloud Services product marketing experience.
- 3-5 years campaign management experience in Inbound Marketing or Internet business in a fast paced B2B environment.
- Demonstrated ability to show marketing impact on sales/account growth, and pipeline development for enterprise and mid-tier markets.
- Must be well versed in current marketing trends, best practices, reporting, and maintain knowledge base of future trending.
- Mastery of written communications with experience developing high-impact sales materials for a successful enterprise technology, SaaS or Cloud Services company.
- Proficient to expert experience with Salesforce.com
- Proficient to expert experience with Marketing Automation tools, particularly Hubspot
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and present effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Preferred experience in a sales enablement or revenue marketing role.
- Experience with presentation software tools ie Clearslide or similar.
- Experience in coordinating all aspects of tradeshow and event management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Economics, Interactive Media or a related field or equivalent experience.
Key personal competencies:
- Excellent decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Strong Organization and multi-tasking capabilities
- Proven problem analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Project leadership
- Formal presentation skills
- Risk taker with a plan B
- Self-starter, equally adept at working independently and as a member of a team
Ziff Davis B2B is a B2B online media company and lead generation vendor with client bases across IT, Technology, Marketing, HR, Supply Chain &<spanLogistics, Engineering & Manufacturing, Electronics, and more. The ZDB2B division includes emedia, ZDB2B, and Salesify with offices in Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Pune, India and the Phillipines.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.