Malware Research Engineer
Malware Research Engineer
Location: Taguig City, Philippines
Responsible for daily analysis and research on malicious software, investigate how it works and what it does, create detection and removal/cleaning, assist in creation of removal tools and write malware descriptions for our Security Response Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop malware detection and remediation code
- Research on new technologies on detection and clean-up
- Handle assigned case reports
- Reverse Engineer of malware to understand the underlying behavior and implication on a computer and network environment
- Create and maintain technical documentation using technical documentation templates
- Reports engine bugs and limitations
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Go thru a 3-month training on reverse engineering of Malware
- Directly reports to the Technical Leader.
Education: Bachelor’s degree Computer Science Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or any related courses.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years software development experience.
- At least 2 years working experience as a software developer preferably in C/C++ with excellent track record
- Has experience in debugging, investigating, and fixing code problems.
- Has experience in open source technologies implementing C++ libraries, JAVA and/or Python
- Must be able to understand core processes of different IT section and knowledge areas such as Information Security, Network Infrastructure, Technical Support, Telecommunications, Reverse Engineering, Microprocessor and Input and Output device
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Windows Operating System (x86/x64) is a must
- Knowledge in Network programming, Windows internals, and / or x86 assembly language, dissembler and debuggers.
- Knowledge in networking technologies and knowledge of core internet protocols (HTTP,TCP/IP,SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge in Linux and/or Mac Operating system is an advantage
- Exposure in mobile anti-virus/anti-malware technology is an advantage
- Having Python or Java programming programming skills is an advantage
- Reverse Engineering skills is an advantage but not necessary
- Experience in Assembly language programming is an advantage
- Must be very interested in the Software Security Industry particularly in the battle against Malware such as Viruses and Trojans.
- A Fast Learner
- Excellent problem solving skill
- Strong teamwork skills, experience working as part of a development team.
- Strong analytical skills, design skills, technical writing skills, and problem-solving ability.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent command of both oral and written English communication
- Excellent in human relations and customer service skills
- Appreciate technologies
- Team Oriented
- Methodical Problem Solving
- Schedules and Estimates Well
- Focus on User or Customer Needs
- Response to Schedule Pressure
- Emphasizes Elegant and Simple Solutions
- Pride in Quality and Productivity
- Driven by Desire to Contribute
- Desire to Improve Things
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.