Production Assistant - Mashable
Mashable is seeking a production associate to join a growing team of creative digital video storytellers. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience shooting in-studio and on-location, editing, working with professional gear, and helping coordinate shoots. A typical day for you could involve putting together a future shoot, repairing equipment, working on a quick edit, or helping a producer on an in-studio shoot. You’re extremely detail-oriented and always show up early. You may write scripts. You can make a celebrity feel comfortable as they’re waiting to start rolling. You’re a fast and sharp editor who’s able to export videos in any shape and size, and then archive them efficiently. You may find yourself running an errand for the digital video team as needed. You love watching and making videos, no matter what it takes. You’re a content consumer; from the latest social media platforms to the latest gear, you’re in the know. Bonus: You’re okay with being on-camera. This production associate should be able to support a team of video producers, & manage & prioritize scheduling shoots both in-studio and with celebrities. The production associate will be reporting to & working closely with the Director of Emerging Platforms.
The Day to Day:
- Prep call sheets, corral location releases, and get talent releases signed.
- Maintain and manage studio equipment.
- Send gear out for repairs as necessary.
- Liaise between high-profile guests and producers.
- Shoot and edit video to support the digital video team.
- Maintain digital archives, including exporting various formats.
- One year of experience working as a production assistant, shooter, and/or editor.
- Demonstrated ability in field and studio production.
- Passionate about digital culture, gaming, science, and future tech.
- Ability to turn over clean video edits on extremely tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of visual storytelling.
- Multimedia skills: You understand the basics of shooting quality video, and know how to make footage look good even if you’re just using a phone.
- Enthusiasm for mobile storytelling tools, including (but not limited to) Instagram, Facebook Live, Snapchat, and the vertical "stories" format.
- Experience working for a website.
- Interest and knowledge in humor, pop and web culture
- Detail-oriented and SUPER organized.
- You’re a team player.
Location: 114 5th Avenue, Floor 15, New York, NY 10011
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. We're not for the casually curious. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth, and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe. We deliver nearly 2 billion content views a month, with more than 70 million monthly unique visitors across platforms.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.