Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare and Shopping. Its brands – PCMag, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, Everyday Health, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify – produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.
IGN Entertainment is a leading Internet media and services provider focused on the video game & entertainment enthusiast markets. We are the web's number one video game information destination and serve one of the largest audiences of video gamers in the world.
IGN is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join our DevOps team. You will support reliable, efficient, and secure operations of our sites and systems, ensuring they are available to customers internal and external.
● Support our production and development environments, maintaining high availability and performance.
● Measure, optimize, and tune everything for performance and efficiency.
● Develop and evolve our tools and infrastructure for data analysis, configuration management, continuous delivery, security, monitoring, and testing
● Participate in on on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support of key systems
● We are not looking for formal qualifications per say. If you have a degree in something relevant that's awesome. If you can prove to us you know your stuff with experience and knowledge, that's awesome too!
● Everything is a problem to solve, you need to be able to think out of the box to find robust solutions to each problem you come across, nobody wants to solve the same problem twice!
● We communicate with everybody, our own team, the company and our readers. You need to be able to talk to them too so strong communication skills are a must.
● We work hard and fast on multiple projects at once, you need to be dynamic and able to switch gears at a moments notice.
● Strong Linux administration knowledge is a must, preferably with Centos/Amazon Linux.
● Everything in the cloud is networked so you need to know your TCP/IP.
● We are a DevOps team so being able to code in Python/Ruby/Bash is something you need to be comfortable with.
● We all in to the public cloud, so previous meteorological experience is important, AWS preferably.
● Familiarity with storing and managing data; in files, in NFS shares, in Relational Databases, in NoSQL databases, in caches, in elastic places, basically anywhere! (Points for EBS, EFS, S3, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongodb, Elasticache, Redis, Elasticsearch)
● We deploy code so understanding CICD, Jenkins etc will be important.
● Varnish and CDNs
● Chef and Ansible
● Cisco IOS, Cisco wireless devices, VPNs
● Video Live Streaming platforms
● Cloud Security
● Containers: Docker, ECS, K8S
● IGN is a team of people that live and breath geek culture: video games, movies, comics and more. We like to have fun, share some drinks and maybe plot your demise in the arcade/game room.
● We get to see secrets before the rest of the world and then have the pleasure of telling the world about it!
● Our work environment is open and casual; we have walls lined with arcade cabinets, games memorabilia absolutely everywhere and more coffee machines than is probably healthy.
● We also have great benefits.
Come geek with us, but prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
**We are an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.