- Manage the company’s commercial contracts, including reviewing and negotiating a high volume of customer and vendor contracts and developing related forms and processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with company’s internal business groups, including Sales and Marketing teams, and provide day-to-day legal support as needed.
- Assist with regulatory and compliance matters (for example, in the areas of privacy, advertising, telecommunications and other areas affecting j2’s customer base), including developing and implementing compliance-related policies and advising on regulatory issues related to vendors, products, sales and marketing.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions transactions, including coordinating diligence matters and assisting with post-closing transition processes.
- Attend to general corporate and day-to-day legal issues.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a corporate attorney at a top law firm and/or large public company and experience with negotiating commercial contracts. Experience working with technology companies would be a plus.
- Some experience with privacy, advertising and/or telecommunications laws and regulations would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey legal advice clearly and effectively.
- Excellent legal, business and practical judgment with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
- High energy level and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and openness to learn new things.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure and rapidly changing environments.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and a member in good standing of the California state bar.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.