Senior Test Engineer
Senior Test Engineer
Senior Test Engineer
Test Engineering Team
A Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) use advance software testing concepts and methodologies in performing both Functional (White-box and Black-box) and Non-Functional Test (Stress, Load/Volume, and Performance Test) to gauge quality of product under testing. S/he design and create automated test cases, generate test data/samples, and setup and configure test/staging environment to be used in testing. S/he co-works with fellow Test engineer(s), Developer(s), Project Manager(s) and Test Engineering Manager in the department to accomplish testing tasks with minimal supervision. S/he can also coach test engineers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow the test plan and test case to execute the testing in full testing cycle and regression testing cycle.
2. Design and develop automated test tools and harness (e.g. Robot, Selenium).
3. Help execute manual and automated test scripts.
4. Report software problems and verify code fixes proactively.
5. Design reasonable test plan and test case, and formulate test schedule and resource estimates.
6. Coordinate testing activities of several test engineers or testers (including OJTs and Contractual).
7. Develop and generate samples or test data needed for testing.
8. Develop and maintain automation tools to drive quality and efficiency improvements as needed.
9. Participate in design and code inspections.
- Directly reports to the Team Leader.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Experience: 5 to 7 years comprehensive experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation.
- Solid working experience of test case automation and test automation frameworks such as Robot Test Framework and Selenium.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Software Testing Process and Methodologies.
- Hands on experience with performance and load testing strategies & procedures
- Good Python automation skills
- Working experience and understanding at system level of Linux and Windows operating systems. Mac OS, Android a plus
- Exposure to Agile methodologies and procedures
- Self driven, goal oriented attitude
- Commitment to quality
- Exceptional detail orientation
- Excellent command of both oral and written English communication
- Drive for results and very conscious of efficiency
- Consistently think outside the box
- Quick Learner, Self motivated and ready to take initiatives.
- Customer focused with an outstanding skill in assimilating user experience
- Committed desire to Automate Testing.
- Cross-group effectiveness
- A good team player
- Excellent problem solving skills even when working under pressure.
- Excellent prioritization skills for multiple critical priorities and projects
- Must possess superior analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt and work well with various team functions and personality types
- Must perform well under pressure within a fast-paced work environment
- Passion for emerging technology and customer-focused innovation
- Able to deal well with ambiguity
- Effective human relations skills, including good listening ability and the capability to convince others to establish or change precedents
- Flexible and has ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Able to accept criticisms as a form of feedback.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.