The Systems Administrator reports to the Head of IT Operations as a key member of a dynamic technical team.
This is a high profile opportunity within a highly profitable and very dynamic high tech company. We've established a strong foundation to make us the undisputed leader in our space. Now we need to add an experienced, collaborative, and passionate Linux professional to help us support and develop services for our customers.
- Maintain and enhance customized email and security applications.
- Systems automation, monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Troubleshooting and bug resolution of application errors in a rotating “on call” environment.
- Provide tier 3 technical support to major clients and to the support team.
- Execute and automate new system roll-outs, migrations and modifications.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Experience working in a high traffic, managed, scalable and fault-tolerant Linux environment.
- Experience with systems automation and configuration management tools such as ansible, puppet, or chef.
- Experience with change management policies and procedures.
- Experience with container based virtualization.
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience working with mail traffic
- Knowledge of or wanting to educate yourself on: Perl, Python or Go
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are service-oriented and would like to work with management, deployment and tuning of high volume applications in a cloud environment.
- You are motivated and keep on top of current technical trends along with deep knowledge of your tools of choice.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate problem-solving methodology and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external vendors
- You are reliable and we can count on you in times of need and are used to being on call or pager duty.
- Can provide a clean criminal record (From Danish Police)
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.