Mashable Growth Team Audience Development Fellow
Mashable is seeking an Audience Development fellow with an exceptional understanding of analytics and social media to join our New York City office for the Summer 2018 term.
The Audience Development fellow will work with the growth teams to analyze data from our marketing tools and social media platforms, develop strategy, and predict industry trends. The ideal candidate will have experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, and Facebook Insights. This position offers a unique opportunity to play a key role in the growth of Mashables audience development and outreach strategy.
All applicable candidates must have experience in analytics and strong communication skills.
Office perks include snacks, happy hours, a roof deck, and fun coworkers.
The Day to Day
- Monitor the performance of Mashable articles and videos across multiple platforms and develop actionable insights
- Evaluate data from Omniture, Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook insights, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Monitor real time traffic and social data to support the editorial team
- Identify opportunities for audience development and growth
- Assess the competitive landscape and make strategic recommendations
- Weekly reporting to the growth team and other Mashable departments
- Proficiency with analytics tools and software (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights etc)
- Excellence with Excel
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and passion for social media
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in major social media networks and an active presence on them
- Strong multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Ability to change direction and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and an understanding of how and when to be proactive
- Strong team player
- Interest and knowledge of tech and digital lifestyle space
- Ability to be in New York City for the duration of the internship
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of SEM and SEO
- Knowledge of Newsletter Marketing
- Experience in either a media company or creative agency
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.