Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
IGN is looking for a talented Video Producer with a love of video games and entertainment, and a background in recurring, serialized programming. This position requires direct experience managing the entirety of the production process for daily and weekly digital series. Direct experience preferred; work in original features or topical production also accepted. Primary goals are to oversee ongoing show programming, increase efficiency and streamline internal production workflow, processes, and look to new content programming.
Note: Candidate must include a reel of demonstrable work.
What will get you in the door?
● 3-5+ years of production experience; advanced level skillset.
● Expertise in video coordination, top level production, working in a studio environment.
● Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
● A positive, problem-solving attitude.
● High comfort level for fast-paced, deadline driven production.
● Excellent time-management and project-organization skills.
● Passion for video games and entertainment.
What does that mean exactly?
● IGN has a stable of recurring shows (Beyond!, NVC, Daily FIX, Game Scoop!, etc) that need oversight, ideation and quality control. This role would oversee production, post-production, content rundowns, scheduling and promotion of all core IGN show programming across all IGN’s primary platforms.
● Maintain high quality video standards and brand guidelines.
● Work closely with IGN content creators, writers, and talent
It would be extra awesome if you have:
● Strong understanding of project setup and production workflow and tools
● Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, Photoshop, After Effects)
● Experience with near-line media; Avid NEXIS nearline or similar media servers.
● Strong understanding of video game and entertainment trends.
● Experience managing video asset archives (LTO, etc.)
● Have done production online, in TV broadcast, or at a game or entertainment studio
What we need from you:
● Demo reel and/or list of exemplary work
● Your resume. Wow us! Leave out the boring stuff and put in the dazzling stuff about your super powers.
● A cover letter. We get loads of applicants for every job. What sets you apart?
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.