Director, Commercial and Operations
Reporting to the General Manager, Cloud Connect - Birmingham, the Director, Commercial and Operations is responsible for driving the business strategy, operations, sales and marketing for the CityNumbers product line.
Location: Birmingham, UK
- Design and drive strategic initiatives ranging from operational improvement, organization design, business planning and evaluation of business performance. Lead the expansion of Citynumbers business through organic growth in coordination with Finance, Legal and Human Resources and other j2 Global® functions.
- Achieve budget P&L objectives.
- The Commercial and Operations Director provides leadership, hiring, performance management and motivation of staff.
- The Commercial and Operations Director will be responsible for delivering a proactive service to the client base, and working with staff to coordinate the delivery of all processes efficiently to maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Analyze the health of the Citynumbers [& sub brands] business and proactively identify, develop and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will deliver customer acquisition and retention.
- Involvement in the integration of any acquired assets and operations, helping to define ongoing business strategies, establish KPI’s and business plans, implement initiatives to leverage assets across departments and divisions.
- Build strong relationships with headquarter based departments and leverage overall Company resources to achieve business objectives and ensure business goals align with expected organizational behaviors and vision.
- The Commercial and Operations Director will be responsible for building and maintaining strategic relationships with key clients, whether directly or through the account managers they are responsible for.
- Vendor management for regular service reviews, and assistance with yearly commercial negotiations to make sure that Citynumbers are receiving the best service at the best possible pricing.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- 10-15 years’ experience within the telecommunications industry, with experience of leading a team and managing business growth.
- Proven team leadership experience.
- Proven track record of leading sales, operations, commercial strategy input and marketing for a communication company.
- Proven P&L and major commercial and negotiation experience.
- Stellar problem-solving skills with an understanding of finance, statistics and predictive modeling. Must be results oriented and able to move forward without complete information.
- Strong senior executive engagement and influence skills.
- Requires flexibility with the ability to work in fast paced, high pressure and rapidly changing environments.
- Energetic and exceptional at team building with dynamic leadership abilities.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.