Social Media Producer - Mashable
Mashable is seeking a talented social media producer to join our growing UK team at the company’s London headquarters. Reporting into our UK Editor in London and working closely with our Growth Team at our headquarters in New York, the successful candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about Mashable storytelling. They will have a deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and other social platforms.
- Managing and growing Mashable’s global social pages
- Measuring the growth of UK and international audiences using data analytics tools
- Diversifying the distribution of content across publishers and platforms
- Contributing to daily, weekly and monthly analytics reports
- Working closely with the Editor to make data driven decisions
- Identifying stories relevant to the Mashable audience
- At least 2 years of social media management and community engagement experience
- Leverage original site content for optimization on social platforms and help to manage daily posting across Mashable’s social accounts
- Familiarity with tools such as SocialFlow, Crowdtangle, Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Insights, Chartbeat etc.
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of SEO
- Ability to proactively pitch and manage projects (such as social partnerships)
- Passionate about Mashable and capable of conveying its tone and editorial voice
- Up-to-date on the latest digital/social media technologies and best practices (i.e. emerging products, platform enhancements and algorithm changes)
- Strong writing, communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills
- Experience of working with Commerce and Integrated Marketing teams an added bonus
- Track record of successfully growing a project or brand
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.