The Account Executive is responsible for all parts of the sales process: prospecting (cold emailing and calling), appointment setting, negotiating, closing and account management (cross-sell/upsell). The key objectives are to establish, grow and maintain a book of business while working closely with our Operations team to produce custom proposals and ensure customer satisfaction. Commission goals will include quarterly quotas, as well as key performance kickers during the ramp-up period. You’ll be responsible for selling demand generation/lead generation solutions to software and technology companies.
- Prospecting – you’ll be grinding day in and day out to build your book of business. It’s not easy but your hard work will pay dividends in the long run as you build up your client base
- Account Management – once you close an account you’ll be responsible for managing that account. Those tasks are: cross-selling to new divisions or new POCs, upselling and renewals, launching programs internally and making sure customer satisfaction is high
- Become an Industry expert – attending conferences, webinars, researching and staying up to date with trends happening in the industry
- Achieve individual quarterly and yearly revenue targets and activity requirements.
- Daily use of Customer Management System (CRM) Salesforce.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 6 months to 5 years of B2B sales experience
- General understanding of how B2B sales organizations operate
- How to properly set expectations with clients
- Adaptability and openness to being coached on the Ziff Davis way
- Strong technical knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com, Google, IT marketplace is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate independently without much supervision
- Previous work as a BDR/SDR is a major plus
- Understanding of media sales, marketing software sales, media agency understanding, online sales, ad sales, and consultative selling is highly preferred
- Track record for selling success, documented with 3+ business referrals
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.