The successful candidate will work with our international teams and will deal in various foreign currency transactions and deal with foreign currencies. There will be opportunities to work on Local Statutory Audits and become familiar with GAAP in other countries. This position will also work with and communicate with people in various other countries.
- Ensure proper & timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP policies & procedures, and internal control standards
- Responsible for month end close of assigned subsidiaries of j2 Global to strict deadlines
- Responsible for revenue recognition including deferred revenue
- Reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts
- Posting and reconciliation of payroll postings from payroll reports
- Prepare a variety of journal entries in multiple currencies.
- Prepare detailed monthly analytics for P&L and Balance Sheet
- Manage inter company accounts and associated reconciliations
- Main point of contact for local statutory audits for assigned companies
- Preparing VAT reports for inclusion in the group VAT returns
- Provide accounting support for management in financial analysis, budgeting and other reporting
- Some treasury duties - EMEA
Key Requirements and Experience:
- Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant with 3+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP preferred (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of Oracle preferred (preferred but not essential)
- Proven track record of strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with international accounting
- Strong month-end closing experience
- Self starter able to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines, within a fast moving environment
- Excellent Excel skills.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.