Manager, Service Desk
• The Service Desk Manager will manage the team that is responsible for the delivery, performance, support and tracking of all End User Computing (EUC) assets globally for j2. This includes but is not limited to day-to-day troubleshooting, adds/moves/changes for network and computer equipment, IT Asset Management, and ownership for the Service Management Process. This role will also be responsible for delivery of assigned tasks and management of activities for larger projects within Net Ops. This is a hands-on position in addition to managing a team of 4-6.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional technical and customer service skills and possess the ability to anticipate end user’s productivity needs and deliver them before they are evident. It is essential that the successful candidate be highly organized and possesses excellent communication skills.
• Candidate will need to liaise with multiple staff around the world on a daily basis and must be an excellent team player.
• The Service Desk Manager is responsible for management of the relationship with all EUC Vendors. This shall include but not be limited to Microsoft, Symantec, Dell, etc. These relationships are to be proactively managed to ensure smooth deployment of patches, upgrades and new releases, as well as the seamless introduction of new EUC technologies.
• Manage the PC Procurement, Deployment and Inventory management processes.
- Manages service desk team of 4-6 technicians worldwide to provide an excellent end-user computing experience.
- Oversee PC procurement, deployment and maintenance processes. Track and manage in JAMS ticketing system.
- Maintain line card of end-user computing standard equipment. Manage PC inventory to ensure 2 day delivery.
- Oversee Image Management process for end-user computing. Stay current with EUC computing vendors to ensure that standard images are secure and current. Automate image deployment. Automate deployment of patches and upgrades.
- Manage team that configures, installs, monitors and maintains IT users' desktop software and hardware.
- Manage team that supports mobile workforce including current versions of Windows and MS Office products
- Recommend the introduction of end-user computing tools and techniques. Once approved, oversee deployment.
- Publish, maintain and update policies, processes and procedures for management of End-User Computing environments.
- Provide consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software.
- Provide technical support and guidance through Tier 2 support and works with network administrators, network engineers and vendors to resolve Tier 3 issues.
- Debug technical issues associated with LANs in order to effectively communicate with and guide MSCE technical help.
- Document solutions to problems and develop end-user guidelines. Oversee and provide on-site training to users.
- Evaluate, maintain, modify (e.g., creates macros, templates) and document desktop application packages and processes.
- Lead the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
- Consults with and makes recommendations to IT users on selection of hardware and software for EUC. Must be expert with Microsoft end-user computing offerings and licensing methods including Windows, Outlook and Office/Office 365.
- Support multiple locations and responsible for managing staff at those locations
- Must have a customer service oriented attitude. Must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to plan, schedule, and effectively communicate with staff and clients.
- Must be willing to work some extended hours and weekends.
- Participate in and enforcement of the change control and production control processes.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- 10+ years of experience with end-user computing in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- 10+ years of experience in application support for Microsoft Outlook, Office, Active Directory, and Anti-Virus
- 5+ years of experience managing a EUC or a related IT team.
- 5+ years of experience with Remote PC management and software distribution in an enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft OS image management and deployment.
- 5+ years of experience with PC procurement and deployment. Line card management preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with BYOD.
- Possess expert technical knowledge of PC Operating Systems including Window 7/8/10 and Mac OS and IOS/Android.
- Support or administration of a VoIP-based PBX system is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Technical Certifications are a strong plus.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated and project-oriented. Project Management experience is a strong plus.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Writing samples will be required.
- Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. Expected to build systems as well as to manage and oversee the build process.
- Some travel possible.
- Candidate must have supported in excess of 1000 users in multiple locations.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.