- Manage an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close of the general ledger and fixed asset modules and review of account reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements, standard or specialized reports and related work papers.
- Manage, train and mentor accounting staff in performing day-to-day accounting functions, including planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and motivating employees.
- Ensure proper accounting policies and procedures are followed and adhere to our SOX control environment.
- Collaborate with the other teams within the Finance department to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Interact with other departments to obtain and disseminate financial information.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors on quarterly reviews, annual and statutory audits.
- Ensure that Finance department projects are assigned appropriate resources and completed timely.
- Manage or assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance reporting efficiency while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Manage or assist in the installation and maintenance of new functions, ledgers or sub-ledgers for the accounting system.
- Perform special projects as assigned, such as due diligence, M&A and migration of accounting related functions, unclaimed property audits.
Job or Project Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA is required
- Prior public accounting experience preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a corporate accounting setting or public accounting, with 3+ years in the supervisory capacity.
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP.
- Broad financial, analytical, and business acumen and structured problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to drill down into details to ensure accuracy in deliverables.
- Ability to manage collaboratively within and across organizations, without judgment.
- Self-starter with sharp decision making skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, work independently and prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence.
- Manages or participates on multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong skills in MS-Office and major ERP system, Oracle experience preferred.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.