Director, Strategic Partnerships - Everyday Health
Everyday Health Professional is seeking a Director Strategic Partnerships to join our dynamic sales organization. Based on the West Coast, the Director Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for selling Everyday Health Professional offerings and solutions to clients and agencies in Pharma and Biotech. In this role, you will be responsible for acquiring new accounts, and/or growing ongoing accounts to expand our business in professional healthcare, pharma, medical devices, and with other advertisers looking to reach the audiences served by Everyday Health’s award-winning health care professional sites. It is essential that the candidate has proven track record in digital advertising sales and selling across digital platforms and products in the digital HP space.
The ideal candidate is a results-driven, proactive, entrepreneurial, solutions oriented revenue producer, with deep client and agency contacts; He or she is someone who can work independently, is self-motivated and has a track record of exceeding sales quotas. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong digital and/or multi-channel salesperson to work for and with a winning team and develop new business, within a leading, high-growth digital and multi-media organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Drive new business by prospecting new and existing clients and agencies with a relentless focus on closing business
- Win big deals (agency and client direct) and attract repeat business
- Successfully negotiate sales commitments, both for new and renewal accounts, that are consistent with the company’s business objectives
- Respond to and close RFPs with a sense of urgency
- Work with marketing and site/product-specific sales leads, and post-campaign sales support leads to create effective and compelling sales materials, presentations and client follow-up documents
- Monitor, forecast, track and report sales performance
- BS/BA Degree
- 5+ years of digital media sales experience with a minimum of three years of successful digital advertising sales experience in the HP space
- Experience working with professional healthcare, pharma, medical devices, and other relevant categories to Everyday Health Professional sites
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to think and plan strategically, adept at solving problems and bring timely resolution to issues
- Ability to collaborate and work well internally with other departments (marketing, operations, site directors) and internal stakeholders
- Superior listening and communication skills, both oral and written
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, sense of humor
- Must be organized, energetic, detail-oriented and have excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Results-driven orientation, superior client management skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Independent self-starter who comes equipped with strong contacts at key digital agencies and clients and can get up and running quickly
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Willing to travel as needed
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.