In-house Legal Counsel
The j2 Legal Department, which supports j2 Global, Inc.’s network of related U.S. and international companies across its Cloud Services and Digital Media divisions, is seeking a commercial/corporate solicitor to assist with its day-to-day operations across Europe.
The solicitor will focus primarily on commercial and corporate governance matters across multiple product lines, working closely with the Senior European counsel and external counsel, and will also be required to contribute in other areas as and when required by the Legal team.
The In-house Legal Counsel will support the legal team in all aspects of its regular activities, including:
- Draft, negotiate and amend a wide range of legal contracts, including sales, vendor, and consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Provide practical business-focused legal advice and support across all business functions including sales, business development, product management, marketing, engineering and human resources.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books, prepare documents related to entity formation, maintenance, acquisitions and dissolutions.
- Assist with due diligence in support of j2 Global’s European M&A activities.
- Assist with group reorganizations and other project driven work.
- Assist with implementing and administering regulatory compliance programs.
- Contribute in other areas as and when required, including intellectual property, litigation and data protection matters.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe, experience in an in-house legal department of a multi-national company or reputable law firm is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a team player who will make a positive contribution to the team dynamic.
- Eager to learn and gain experience in a range of legal areas, while maintaining good judgment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to efficiently handle and prioritize multiple deadlines in a dynamic environment.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.