Sr. Telecom Specialist
j2 Global is currently seeking a Sr Telecom Specialist to join our network operations team.
- Identify and introduce new and emerging technologies into the j2 telecom infrastructure utilizing the appropriate internal resources.
- Lead the consolidation to fewer carriers and co-los. Design and implement pilots and proofs-of concept.
- Responsible for coordination of telecom projects and activities including but not limited to large ports, circuit orders, co-lo configuration and setup, co-lo consolidations, rate negotiations, etc.
- Responsible for problem identification, tracking and resolution of PBX tickets opened by Customer Service and Network Operations Center. Also responsible for updating ticket status through resolution.
- For all assigned tickets, document trouble resolution process, including phone calls, emails and internal troubleshooting, using ticketing system.
- Serve as business side escalation contact for trouble tickets. Escalate within carrier organizations to expedite resolution. Escalate within j2 telecom or among other j2 groups according to established processes.
- Coordinate, schedule and assist in performing all moves, adds, and changes in the corporate phone system. Provision phones and telecom circuits and equipment as requested in accordance with established SLAs and OLAs.
- Track telecom asset inventory and ensure that all relocated or decommissioned asset records are updated in the asset tracking system.
- Stage, program, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot telecom equipment in j2 corporate headquarters, data centers, and remote sites utilizing internal resources where needed.
- Coordinate and perform scheduled maintenance on corporate telecom systems within headquarters as well as on remote field equipment.
- Test all new DID numbers before release to provisioning. Submit, track, verify and coordinate database changes so that the DID inventory is accurate and timely.
- Manage the international and domestic inventory utilizing internal resources.
- Perform project support and interface with the Carrier Relationship Manager when necessary.
- Assist the telecom department in performing changes that create savings opportunities for j2.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned by management.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent is required.
- 10-14 years work experience in telecom with at least 7+ years of Telecom debugging and trouble shooting skills. Note that no formal training is provided as part of this job. Candidate must have more than basic telecom skills and project management skills and be able to be productive within 30 days. Productivity is measured in terms of cost savings, improved operating efficiencies and exceptional quality of service delivery.
- 10+ years’ experience with telecom service contracts; experience with co-location services is a plus.
- 8+ years working with major carriers in the delivery side of the business
- 8+ years with combined networks, VoIP, SIP, FoIP, G.711/726/729, T.38 and wireless technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills are required. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with managers, end users, co-workers as well as outside vendors and to interpret and convey a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. A writing sample will be required.
- Multiple language fluency is a plus, especially in Chinese, Japanese, or French.
- Candidate must be able to multitask and prioritize workload in a dynamic environment, and be able to work effectively in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals.
- Candidate must have planning and problem-solving skills. Candidate must have the ability to logically and objectively analyze a problem, identify and isolate the root cause, propose and implement a solution.
- Candidate must be conversant in the telecom business and understand new and emerging technologies. He/she must be able to research and assess new issues and their respective applicability at j2, as well as make use of trade reference documents, online resources and corporate historical archives, as required.
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Advanced knowledge of data filtering, summarizing, and reporting in Excel is a big plus.
- Flexibility and objectivity are an absolute necessity for this challenging, but rewarding position. This is a shift-based position and some local travel may be required.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.