Data Product Business Development - Ziff Davis
Ziff Davis Tech and Commerce (ZDTC) is tasked with owning the monetization and insights of all Ziff Davis Data that is stored within the Ziff Davis proprietary tool, CORE. As Data Product Specialist, you will have a multi-faceted role on a new team focused on monetizing Ziff Davis company-wide data. You will work with ad operations, product management, engineering and sales teams to ensure that our new products are rolled out to markets in a seamless manner. You will report to our Product Management Director to obtain external market feedback on the Ziff Davis Data product, enhance our existing product and create new products to generate new forms of revenue for Ziff Davis.
- Report to Product Management Director to drive meaningful change across the organization, and lead the development and adoption of data products
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information expeditiously; develop compelling, insightful recommendations.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences; lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy.
- Create operational processes and practices that drive efficiencies for the Product Management, Sales, Engineering and Ad Operations teams.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to translate customer needs into a better overall data product; recognize trends in customer feedback and escalate issues within Ziff Davis.
- Create tools to facilitate product ordering for Sales and Ad Operations teams
- Develop automated reports and dashboards that are easily accessible to all stakeholders across the company
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or Engineering degree
- Experience in Agile product management and proficient in the use of Agile project management software
- Hands-on analytics-based programming experience, including SQL, R, and Python.
- Extremely organized with strong adherence to timelines with good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating / ‘grooming’ product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria.
- Ability to create effective relationships, influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Effective strategic and analytical capabilities, with the ability to collaborate well in a team environment.
- Excellent project management experience.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.