Health & Fitness Editor - Ask Men
AskMen is a leading digital lifestyle brand, providing expert advice and product recommendations to help men make better choices in dating & relationships, personal style, health & fitness and more. The site attracts 14 million monthly unique visitors worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic Health & Fitness Editor to join our New York or Montreal team. This role will report to the Managing Editor, and you will be tasked with running all of our Health & Fitness content -- from conception and planning to publication. The ideal candidate should also be proficient in digital content production in a CMS, procuring assets from various sources and able to track metrics on stories to strategize future story ideas.
In this role, your content should drive top engagement and facilitate our company mission as “the most trusted purchase companion.”
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Well versed in health and fitness - you know the latest fitness trends and be able to navigate around a gym
- A problem solver - You have lots of initiative and strong problem-solving skills. You demonstrate a sense of urgency -- you like to do things well and finish them quickly. When things aren’t working, you’re not afraid to try new things and pivot.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys creating a narrative around products. You’re a born storyteller and a fitness fanatic, and you are able to shift your thinking between the two disciplines.
This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Contributing to the planning of the editorial roadmap, and lead the execution of various editorial projects -- including working with freelance writers, editing copy and building content in a CMS.
- Conduct self-lead research to identify content creation and marketing opportunities.
- Track metrics on content produced and use data to influence future editorial decisions.
- Contributing to the ongoing evolution of health & fitness “comtent” across AskMen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English literature, journalism, communications or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in writing/editing digital content in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Driven to hit traffic goals through creating quality content, optimizing for SEO and using online analytics tools (such as Google Analytics)
- A strong interest in the health and wellness space, and the products that go along with it
Compensation: Competitive salary TBD, unusually generous benefits, bagels on Friday mornings, warm working atmosphere populated by charming people.
In your submission, please send your resume, cover letter, writing samples and links your social media accounts so we can see how you wield your content.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.