Full Stack Application Developer
As a Full Stack Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining Cloud Based Software for FuseMail Email Security Services.
FuseMail was one of the world's first hosted messaging specialists. With over 15 years of experience in providing hosted email services to businesses, we have the expertise to ensure that valuable corporate messages are always delivered safely and securely.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be joining an Agile development team developing and maintaining email and security related application software in a cloud based environment. We are looking for a motivated and energetic developer with a good grasp of modern hosted service development and design. Prior experience in web application development and database design would be desirable.
You will be working in a fast paced, rewarding environment and be given the opportunity to contribute to various products that are used daily by millions of users, products that include anti-spam, anti-virus, mail delivery, encryption and massive storage. Excellent communication skills, close attention to details, and a quality-oriented mindset are a must for this position.
We're looking for a self-motivated developer with working knowledge in several of the following areas:
- RESTful APIs and Web Services
- Web based UI development
- Distributed systems
- MySQL server and database design, query optimization and administration
- Linux based web application development and server administration
- Object oriented principle and design (service-based)
- Docker, Jenkins/Bamboo, AWS
- Participate in an Agile development environment / Scrum team
- Participate in product development meetings, technical discussions, design and code reviews, and project scoping
- Write and update documentation (functional design, wiki, RAML, etc)
- Work to project schedules and commitments; track activities and progress using Jira
- Perform peer code reviews
- Engage in maintenance and support activities
- Promptly communicate issues and problems as they arise
- Troubleshoot problems, resolve defects and deliver solutions
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of professional software development experience
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team on multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment
- Experience with Git and Linux systems
- Experience with SQL and JSON
- Experience in AngularJS and Go is a plus
- Experience in Python, Perl, or PHP is a plus
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Superior analytical skills
- Disciplined in the areas of coding and unit testing
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and make alterations to existing systems
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Willingness and flexibility to use other programming languages or tools most appropriate to the task
About FuseMail: Founded in 1994, FuseMail was one of the world's first hosted messaging specialists. With over 15 years of experience in providing hosted email services to businesses, we have the expertise to ensure that your valuable corporate messages are always delivered safely and securely. FuseMail offers a variety of email services that can be tailored to the needs of SMB and SME sized businesses (20 to 2,000 seats), including email hosting, security, archiving and encryption. FuseMail's award-winning outsourced email services protect more than a million email boxes every day and can ensure that your valuable corporate messages are delivered safely and securely—while remaining more cost-effective than self-managed in-house systems.
FuseMail (a j2 Cloud Services Company) offers a variety of email services that can be tailored to the needs of SMB and SME sized businesses (20 to 2,000 seats), including email hosting, security, archiving and encryption. FuseMail's award-winning outsourced email services protect more than a million email boxes every day and can ensure that your valuable corporate messages are delivered safely and securely—while remaining more cost-effective than self-managed in-house systems.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.