As a Senior Accountant, you will participate in all activities related to full-cycle accounting by brand and location and primarily manage the accounting and finance operations.
- Prepare standard and specialized reports according to GAAP
- Prepare detailed analytics and trend analyses
- Provide accounting support for management in financial analysis, budgeting and other reporting
- Prepare detailed financial footnote disclosures
- Prepare detailed accrual analyses
- Manage intercompany accounts and associated reconciliations
- Responsible for month end close of assigned accrual, prepaid and intercompany accounts
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Review AP coding
- Prepare a variety of journal entries in multiple currencies
- Draft technical accounting memoranda
Job Requirements & Experience:
- BS/BA in related field is required. Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics Preferred
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience in Corporate Accounting setting
- Proven track record of strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required
- Experience with international accounting, consolidation and foreign exchange re-measurements
- Strong month-end closing experience
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with Oracle or similar accounting system and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.