Regional Patient Coordinator
IvyRehab Physical Therapy is one of the leading outpatient physical therapy providers with clinics in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan because we have created a culture that focuses on the patient experience and getting them better.
The Regional Patient Coordinator will be committed to excellence, driving both internal and external customer satisfaction with a focus on growth and development. The ideal candidate will possess the business acumen to direct front office operations for multiple locations throughout the Richmond/Hampton Roads Region. This position accomplishes responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Director of Front Office Operations and works in combination with Regional and Clinical Directors to ensure a high level of patient satisfaction, company goals and best practices are achieved.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to adjust style to suit circumstance and navigate issues with tact and diplomacy
- Possesses a high-level understanding of front office operations, preferably in an outpatient therapy setting
- Frequent travel within Richmond/Hampton Roads as well as occasional travel outside of region on an as needed basis
- Ability to lead by example and inspire others to perform at their highest level
- Experience implementing, executing and managing training using various communication methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, EMR and other technical software
- Solid understanding of financial impacts of operational decisions
- Oversee day to day operations of the front desk at multiple clinic locations
- Work in partnership with Regional Directors to identify areas of concern and tackle issues
- Partner with Clinic Directors and other clinic team members to support clinic needs
- Conduct/facilitate training for new front office team members as well as ongoing training and education for established team members
- Monitor each clinic’s performance metrics and formulate a plan of action for improvement as necessary
- Provide/organize coverage for clinics in Richmond/Hampton Roads area as needed
- Lead weekly and quarterly patient coordinator staff meetings in person and conference calls
- Work with Director of Front Office Operations, other Regional PCs, and Central Billing Office to monitor each clinic’s financial metrics including co-pay collection, authorizations, registration errors, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all front office operational procedures and best practices
- Work with Director of Front Office Operations and other Regional PCs to implement protocols and policies and procedures to increase the performance of the front desk
- Participate in front office recruitment and hiring process along with Clinic Director and lead new hire training
- Participate as a member of the Regional PC Team to ensure the front office staff adheres to the company’s policies and work with Director of Front Office Operations to formulate a plan to improve the company’s standards and policies as necessary.
- Implementation / Planning for outcomes & e-mail collection with action plan for all struggling sites
- Work in conjunction with the Integration and Training teams for successful implementation of new acquisitions and de novos; includes but not limited to preparation and input of demographics, insurance verification/authorization, onsite and/or remote participation in training and education of policies and procedures.