Behavior Technician - Full Time
The Leaps and Bounds team has partnered with Ivy Rehab in their joint mission to offer more services and an exceptional patient experience. The same caring staff at Leaps and Bounds will continue offer the same great service their patients have come to expect.
We are an established clinic-based ABA program We will provide training and supervision to obtain RBT credential.
The Behavior Technician is responsible for delivery of patient treatment programs as designed and directed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. He/She works under the direct supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Proven exceptional customer service and patient care experience
- Suggested one year experience in a therapy department or related occupation and/or student enrolled in a therapy curriculum program.
- Applied Behavior Analysis Technician experience and background/training preferred, but not required
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) preferred, but not required
- Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed patient expectations
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Proof of USA employment eligibility
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility with changes in workload
- Must be willing to work Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Follow ABA theory practice during sessions, as directed by the Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA)
- Perform ABA treatment/interventions as directed by BCBA and Lead ABA Tech
- Effectively communicate and document treatment and response to treatment.
- Complete required healthcare training, CPR/First Aide training, recipient rights training, Technician training, TB test and any other applicable compliance measures
- Completes required treatment and billing documentation on a timely basis
- Assists in maintaining a clean and neat treatment area and clinic
- Adhere to clinic and governmental policies and procedures
- Assists in inventory control of clinical supplies
- Monitors equipment condition and reports problems to the Lead ABA Tech
- Prepare materials for treatment sessions
- Set up prior to and clean up after treatment sessions
- Fosters and maintains effective and appropriate professional relationships with other therapists and techs, patients an family members.
- Perform other diverse duties as required or requested
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Must be able to communicate effectively with patients and to document clearly to meet reimbursement requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand the majority of their working hours; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Moving, lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to 100 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.