Patient Representative - Part Time - Northport
IvyRehab Physical Therapy is one of the leading outpatient physical therapy providers with clinics in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North & South Carolina, Illinois and Indiana because we have created a culture that focuses on the patient experience and getting them better.
Because we are an established company that is experiencing significant growth, we have the infrastructure and support that allows you to spend time with your patients. As a result of this, we are profitable, fast growing, entrepreneurial in spirit, and have an environment where our people achieve their personal and professional goals. At IvyRehab, being “All about the people” is more than just words on a wall. Just as we to provide the best patient experience available, we also want to create an employee experience that is second to none.
We have a great part time Patient Representative opportunity in our Northport clinic!
- Welcomes patients by greeting them and processing necessary paperwork for check-in
- Manages multi-line phone systems; handles heavy call volume
- Schedules patient appointments in person and over the phone
- Confirms patient appointments
- Pulling and filing of medical charts
- Maintains patient medical records
- Collects and enters all copays into PM system, posts daily billing
- Enters prescriptions, faxes note to doctors, and reviews caseloads with PT to determine next coordination of patient treatment
- Verifies patient insurance prior to appointment
- Obtains insurance authorization as needed for evaluations and initial evaluations
- Assists the office manager and therapists as needed
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in independently
- Computer savvy
- Previous medical experience is a plus
- Must be able to work a range of hours including mornings, weekends, evenings