Athletic Trainer - PRN
IvyRehab Physical Therapy is one of the leading outpatient physical therapy providers with over 180 clinics in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Indiana because we have created a culture that focuses on the patient experience and getting them better.
We are currently looking for an PRN ATC to join our team to provide Athletic training at great sport facility in Glenview, IL.
- Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete's injury or illness and provide appropriate emergency and / or continued care
- Determine and execute upon the appropriate level of triage for club athletes with focus on appropriate; referrals of athletes to physicians or care outlets to best serve club athletes, staff and family members for further definitive diagnosis and treatment
- Collaborate with outside physicians to review physician assessments, care plans and report the progress of recovering athletes to coaches and physicians.
- Evaluate, develop and provide best in class return to play plans for injured athletes and advise key stakeholders on status of return to play process. Evaluate and advise on return to play
- Lead the planning and implementation of comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention programs for club athletes utilizing clinical best practices and technology.
- Lead the communication of medical status for athletes to coaches and appropriate club staff regarding the status of injury athletes on a consistent basis in collaboration with physician and physical therapist stakeholder.
- Provide direct clinical care as appropriate for club athletes.
- Prepare athletic injury and treatment reports and maintain records according to Ivy Rehab standards of operations.
- Maintain an organized and clean athletic training and recovery room that appropriately serves club needs, and represents Ivy Rehab appropriately
- Maintain a professional image when representing Ivy Rehab at all functions.
- Accompany athletic teams on trips and attend home games as assigned.
- Assign student trainers to perform duties as needed.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
Certified Athletic Trainer with a licensure in good standing
- Current CPR certification
- Current certification in advanced first aid procedures
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures per OSHA regulations.
- Working knowledge of coordinating an athletic insurance program.
- Operate a variety of therapeutic equipment and machines.
- Understand and carry out directions issued by physicians.
- Ability to maintain records and make reports.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
Education and Experience:
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association – Board of Certification (NATA-BOC)
- CPR Certified