Position Title: IT AnalystLocation:Hendersonville, TN
Classification: Exempt (D-2)Reports to: Global Controller
Date: January 2020
ITW Dynatec, a division of Illinois Tool Works, designs and manufactures a full range of industrial adhesive applications for the disposable hygiene products, automotive, and packaging industries worldwide. ITW Dynatec’s systems are used globally in the manufacturing of diapers and a wide range of other consumer and industrial products. The company’s state-of-the-art technology is backed by a worldwide network of industry-leading customer service and support. Our vision is to put hot melt adhesive exactly where our customers want it each time, every time, better than anyone else in the world.
This is the sole position responsible for end-user application and hardware support, supporting infrastructure and application projects and identifing & implementing opportunities for automation within our software and database environments and for executing our IT function in the US with support and coordination to our global business units as needed in France, Germany, Japan and China. The IT Analyst is responsible for recommending, developing, implementing and maintaining functional IT systems and processes. This position requires the ability to prioritize user requirements, oversee system upgrades and research new tools to better support our employees.
- Recommends, develops, implements and maintains Software & Network solutions across Dynatec
- Provide phone and in person support to remediate issues pertaining to PCs, laptops, scanners, printers, copiers and network devices
- Utilize a service desk ticketing system to create, triage and determine escalation path and provide thorough documention of ticket resolutions
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with applications, operating systems and peripherals
- Ensure prompt response and escalation for all system outages and issues, providing updates to administration and end users
- Manage Active Directory tasks such as user creation, deletion, permissions, and password resets and configure new computers and applications for deployment
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve problems to the end users satisfaction
- Consults with management to analyze needs for managment information and functional operations
- Communicates regularly and effectively with various departments to understand user needs/requests and translate those into IT related processes or outputs
- Develops, implements, and monitors ITW policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, secruity and legal and regulatory compliance
- Embraces and implements ITW 80/20 in the context of IT: documents process flows and simplifies where possible
- Ensures successful design selection, development, documentation, and maintenance of business application systems and servers – including project management
- Ensures the security of all data from unauthorized access, including but not limited to: firewalls, intrusion detection systems, desktop policies, remote access authentication, data access monitoring, encryption, change procedures, passwords, virus protection, backup and destruction procedures
- Proactively address the resolution of systems or software issues
- Use effective change management skills to effectively plan, implement and evaluate change.
- Provides training to new and existing staff on system and software programs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management
- Must have strong influential ability and demonstrate solid skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others to excel.
- Strong decision-making skills in a high pressured environment.
- BSc/BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Communications or related field required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in technical support, help desk or network administration experience required
- 3 - 5 years of technical support, help desk or network administration experience preferred
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of computer hardware, software and networking with experience troubleshooting PCs
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting
- Ability to work cross-functionally and as a team
- Ability to respond to common inquiries/complaints from internal customers
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Travel Requirement – Occasional domestic and international travel < 10%
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.