3rd Shift Machine B Operator
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home. We seek a Machine B Operator to join our 3rd shift Manufacturing team at our Solon, OH facility. 3rd shift hours are from 11:00pm – 7:00am, Sunday night through Friday Morning.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Operating filling and packaging equipment according to procedures
- Tending to machines that perform various packaging functions such as filling, labeling, packing or closing containers
- Responsible for minor adjustments, set-ups, changeovers, loading, maintenance, cleaning and general operation of various filling and packaging machines
- Organizing and performing job in accordance with bills of material and routing instructions
- Responsible for quality inspection of goods to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications
- Completion of all required paperwork for production as needed by MFG procedures
- Identifying problems and assisting in troubleshooting
- Assisting in training of new operators and assisting other teams as needed
- Promoting and following all safety guidelines and procedures, and recommending safety improvements as needed
- Tow motor experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D)
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working in a Manufacturing environment
- Certified to drive reach trucks, fork trucks, and low-lifts
$12.20-$17.08 hourly plus a $1.00 shift differential for 3rd shift. Pay rate depends on experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing katie.craig @permatex.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.