Global Commodity Director, Resins (#3336)
The Global Commodity Director (GCD) – Resins will facilitate and define the strategies for plastic/resin categories of ITW’s approximate $600M global resin spend and supply base. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Strategic Sourcing and EH&S, the GCD will be responsible for connecting with our divisions and understanding their unique business requirements for resins, establishing sourcing strategies for resin categories (recommending plan for execution to maximize full potential), defining Preferred global suppliers with input from Division and Segment leadership, developing and communicating innovation “break-throughs” from supplier engagement and market awareness, and achieving other valuable contributions in the resin category. Where appropriate and requested, GCD will facilitate (manage) market testing of resin category across multiple ITW Segments to maximize leverage and close gaps in business requirements that exist in a decentralized, fragmented end market (division centric business model).
- Leverages business acumen and functional expertise to contribute to the strategic direction of ITW’s global businesses.
- Develops, with division’s input, long-term category strategies for both producers and distribution utilizing the ITW sourcing tool box and their personal knowledge and experience of suppliers and resin technology and considering ITW’s multiple operating units with unique operating and financial plans. Implementation of the strategies will be influenced by the GDC, but execution occurs within divisions. Demonstrates the value and yield of those strategies through improved Operating Income as a result of actions taken.
- Identifies strategic partners and delivers improved products and lower costs/higher income to the organization through supplier management, strategic sourcing, commodity/category management, and total cost principles. Creates competitive advantage to ITW divisions vs. competing businesses (market) through improved supply partner commercial offers.
- Leverages strong project and change management skills to drive continuous improvements for the commodity/category and assists segment/division on executing key initiatives. Introduces innovative strategies for the category, including considering post consumer recycled material and plant based (or other) materials to replace single use plastics.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops category team and extended stakeholder team talent. Builds a diverse, high performing category team and associated organization.
- Builds and leverages relationships and networks across the ITW organization. Uses personal influence skills rather than position power to persuade others and gain support.
- Support of the divisions for their AP’s and LRP’s with solid business forecasts related to the resin market trends.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Supply Chain Management). Master’s degree preferred or equivalent development in the industry.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years of broad sourcing leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing organization, across a large multi-location, global business.
- 5-10 years of Resin Market experience in a Resin-buying organization or Resin-selling organization/manufacturer in either a commercial role (sourcing/buyer) or technical role (application engineering/field technical role/production lead).
- Have managed at least $50M + in annualized spend in direct material, inclusive of resins.
- Technical curiosity to understand our unique businesses and how sourcing can best partner to achieve value
- Financial acumen. Experience reviewing operating budgets, analyzing financial statements, creating forward looking pro forma expectations of commodity market implications to individual P&L’s, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Automotive Industry, APQP, PPAP and OEM Approval Process and ISO/IATF standards.
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements to support the business strategy.
- Strong influencing skills in a decentralized environment
- Ability to manage and develop talent.