As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for performing all aspects of inbound and outbound processing including: order picking and packing and use of computer systems related to these activities, loading trucks for shipment, unloading trucks and putaway product, cycle counts and performing all duties to team quality and productivity standards.
ITW North America Construction provides fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation sectors. Illinois Tool Works Inc. designs and produces an array of highly engineered fasteners and components, equipment, and consumable systems, and specialty products and equipment for customers around the world. A leading diversified manufacturing company with over 100 years of history, ITW's has nearly 100 decentralized business units, in 48 countries, and employs approximately 50,000 men and women who are focused on creating value-added products and innovative customer solutions.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Pick customer orders within established productivity standards via RF technology as required
- Pack customer order using material handling equipment: this includes UPS, LTL and TL shipments
- Unload and putaway product received
- Load product onto trucks in a safe manner
- Perform inbound/outbound quality inspections
- Perform inventory cycle counts according to established procedures
- Maintain accurate inventory levels within the warehouse picking locations and handle material replenishment as needed
- Observe all ITW safety policies and procedures
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner
- Perform and participate at additional ad-hoc projects/responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year distribution warehouse experience
- Previous experience in order picking and cycle count procedures
- Forklift certified preferred
- Strong quality orientation and attention to detail
- Strong team/interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid numerical ability with computer skills (MS outlook, excel) preferred
- WMS/ERP experience is a plus
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.