Senior Financial Analyst, Technical Accounting & Research (#3324)
ITW Company Information:
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 50,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. We are conveniently located across from the Metra commuter rail, with access to an on-site gym, café and active employee resource groups.
ITW is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, Technical Accounting & Research to perform accounting and SEC reporting and research, assist in updating and maintaining the Company’s Financial Policies & Procedures, and assist in various technical accounting areas. This position will report directly to the Manager, Technical Accounting & Research and requires good working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, as well as good communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively with other key corporate disciplines and with financial and business personnel worldwide across ITW’s multiple industries. This role offers significant exposure to the senior management team and various corporate departments in ITW’s global headquarters as well as interaction with operational personnel in ITW’s many businesses around the world.
- Work closely with various financial reporting teams in the preparation and review of the Company’s financial filings with the SEC (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K)
- Monitor accounting literature for new reporting requirements that potentially impact the Company and participate in the implementation of new accounting standards
- Perform technical accounting and SEC reporting research and document the initial conclusions in technical whitepapers
- Consult with operating and finance personnel at corporate and within ITW’s diversified group of businesses related to accounting questions and the implementation of financial policies and procedures
- Contribute to the oversight of complex areas of accounting under U.S. GAAP such as accounting for restructuring costs, impairment testing of goodwill and other intangible assets, and preparation of the statement of cash flows
- Work closely with the Technical Accounting team in the development, revision and maintenance of the Company’s Financial Policies & Procedures
- Participate and/or lead various Corporate Finance & Accounting projects to improve the overall efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of financial processes
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting and/or technical accounting role for a public company
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to balance multiple projects
- Capable of performing in a fast paced environment