ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 48,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, non-alcoholic ready-to-drink (NA RTD) and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
As a key member of the Service team, the North America Service Manager reports to the Innovation Engineering Manager and is responsible for driving a strong field service organization that builds and maintains customer confidence in Hi-Cone, as being a best in class multipack solutions provider and will establish Hi-Cone as a long-term business partner, providing timely and accurate service for the clients, ensuring overall customer satisfaction. The Service Manager manages a team of about 12 direct reports and supports the Innovation Engineering Manager and the broader leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives
- Create and maintain a strong service organization for North America that builds customer confidence in Hi-Cone as being a best in class multipack solutions provider by visiting our top customers and building customer relationships from outside-in.
- Develop a strategy to establish Hi-Cone as a long-term business partner to our customers by translating customer inputs to strategic machine development, selling preventive maintenance programs and that drive service revenue growth.
- Build a strong service team that includes mechatronics certifications, and enhanced field service training programs for all technicians, which includes interviewing, hiring, developing and managing performance of service technicians.
- Determine long range plan and annual priorities for the function and partner with leadership to create the overall strategy for the global function.
- Improve operational processes within the field service organization to meet budgetary requirements.
- Manage all Service related business with P&L responsibility, including service sales revenue, direct and indirect service costs, third party relationships and sub-contractors.
- Champion and drive 80/20 Toolbox projects in-line with ITW enterprise initiatives.
- Create and manage a culture of continuous improvement using all available resources with attention to employee development and toolbox initiatives.
- Develop, model and maintain a positive and inclusive working environment where trust, respect for other, integrity, simplicity and shared risk are recognized and rewarded. Create a process to identify and stop opposing factors.
- Establish an open communication process where customer issues are quickly resolved and lessons learned are shared openly and effectively.
- Create and effectively maintain trusted working relationships with colleagues across the world by sharing best practices, learning from others and promoting strong teamwork and cooperation globally.
Systems and Procedures
- Agree and document critical standard operating procedures and working practices. Ensure these are adopted across all areas of the service business.
- Maintain efficiency, quality and safety measurement systems to continuously and visibly (metrics) verify performance.
- Inform leadership of all issues arising from the previous month & specifically focusing on continuous improvements, cost reduction and key performance indicators (KPIs).
Training & Flexibility
- Undertake training as required by the company on new processes, management or other matters relating in the development of a world class organization and a highly skilled, capable and flexible workforce.
- Seek improvement in personal performance and the performance of colleagues through certification programs, reviews, discussion and training.
- Support all operations by cross training of service personnel as appropriate.
- Recommend how the service department of today will meet the needs of end users in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent customer service related experience required.
- Three to five years’ experience in field service management.
- Bilingual skills in speaking, reading and writing English and Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and developing teams through clearly defined expectations, tracking and monitoring activities and results.
- Demonstrated experience in building and advancing customer relations
- Proven experience with setting strategy and establishing plans to exceed financial and operational targets
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Basic understand electrical/mechanical/engineering principals and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills to analyze data and trends.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, and driven.
- 50-60% travel required.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.