Business Unit Controller
Reporting to the Division Controller of PPNA, the Controller serves to help instill strong internal controls while delivering solid financial performance through forecasting accuracy. The candidate bears responsibility for the following duties:
- As a trusted financial leader and business partner to the division and operations, this individual will be responsible for monthly and quarterly forecasting within the US and Mexico to ensure accuracy of financial performance and integrity of data shared with the division leadership team.
- Drive accurate outlooking, gathering information from management, sales, and production and provide variance analysis vs. prior outlook, budget, and plan.
- Maintain financial and internal controls including various reporting and operations tracking systems.
- Partner with the Accounting manager to support with all monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closing processes effectively and efficiently.
- Support all financial aspects of inventory including inventory reconciliation, cycle count program, slow & obsolete reporting and inventory management. Will also measure, monitor and analyze inventory trends, and drive improvement.
- Apply 80/20 thinking across disciplines and sound judgement to reduce complexity and work with team to simplify processes. Drive, monitor, and report Toolbox projects.
- Keep the division leadership team informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management.
- Present an objective opinion as input for business decisions based on facts and data analytics.
- Provide guidance to business managers on commercial issues/ decisions.
- Review and approve capital spending projects for tooling, presses and other investments through ROI/Payback/DCF.
- Prepare and report outlooks and flashes every month with input from plant management teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s degree and CPA a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years broad financial experience.
- Analytical, inquisitive and crisp in explaining the story behind the numbers. Strong ability to understand macro and micro trends and quickly discern inaccuracies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers and all employees as well as an ability to deliver results through others.
- Proficiency with diverse computer software systems, especially MS Excel (required)
- Advanced experience using various accounting systems such as BPCS.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment and solve practical business problems in a prompt manner often under tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to function under minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of collaboration skills, personal accountability, effective listening skills, and approachability.
- Proven ability to apply ITW principles in a financial environment.