Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
This position is within ITW’s Zip-Pak division. Zip-Pak is the global leader in resealable solutions for the flexible packaging industry. Our expertise in zipper, application technology, and packaging systems makes Zip-Pak the primary choice of brand owners, OEM’s, and converters for innovative resealable solutions. Zip-Pak’s lean, modern, and continuous manufacturing environments produce zippers using high-volume plastic extrusion. Manufacturing sites are in the United States, Europe, and South America.
The Manufacturing Manager is a key member of the site Leadership Team reporting to the Site Operations Manager. He/she leads the production functions, and works in conjunction with supply chain, quality, engineering, maintenance, and customer service to ensure quality products are delivered to customers on time. The Manufacturing Manger directly supervises the Short-run Supervisor, four Production Supervisors, and Shipping/Receiving Associates.
The key objective for this position is to implement and execute a structured approach to production management utilizing ITW 80/20, Lean, and Six Sigma principles/tools.
Production, Warehouse & Transportation
- Actively works to build and maintain a high level of team morale
- Drives safety and quality mindsets into all aspects of data-driven decision making
- Ensures that health, safety, and food safety guidelines are followed
- Oversees the production process and leads teams
- Oversees tactical site purchasing, receiving, warehousing, and shipping functions
- Ensures that all product shipped meets high quality standards and is delivered on time
- Establishes production lines schedules and manages inventories against targets
- Monitors production entry and ensures data entered into systems is correct and complete
- Optimizes the use of the application Microsoft Dynamics and drives consistency across the site
- Works collaboratively with leaders to implement policies and achieve goals
- Work with leadership to maintain a non-union workplace.
- Continuously reviews staffing needs and makes recommendation to upper management on changes
- Coaches to continuously develop the leadership capabilities of direct reports
- Leads and coaches Production Supervisors and operators on identifying and addressing training needs
- Creates and coordinates ongoing operations training and certification plans
- Establishes and executes strong day/month/year goals and conducts annual reviews of team performance
- Focuses hard on our processes by creating and improving standard work
- Personally utilizes leader standard work and deploys this tool to direct reports
- Works to relentlessly drive waste from our processes
- Works with maintenance department to identify and execute preventative maintenance tasks on equipment.
- Understands, implements, and coaches ITW 80/20 principles, tools, and improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or Business
- MBA a plus
- 6-8 years of industrial manufacturing experience
- 2-5 years of supervision experience
- Strong aptitude in leadership
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics within Microsoft Excel, ERP Systems, and Microsoft Office
- Proven experience working with sophisticated business systems and processes including ITW 80/20, Toyota Production System, Danaher, etc. preferred
- Professional Certifications including Lean; ASQ CSSBB; APICS CPIM, CSCP preferred
- Plastics extrusion high-volume continuous manufacturing that includes working with extruder equipment, coilers/winders, dies, and profile forming preferred
- Future career potential for higher levels of leadership within Operations preferred
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.